Saturday, March 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!




Here we have a little "before and after" with three little piggies who went to market in Cambodia....then there are two street scenes from Chaing Mai. After theat - we're at our weekend trip to Pai and after that - Mae Hong Son! The big Buddha is on a hill overlooking the town......the view of the valley is from a different hill overlooking the valley. The lake is in the center of town - right next to where we stayed for the first two weeks we were here. Beautiful temples on the lake - the gold and white temple is one of them.





























Happy Birthday!





(FYI - i wrote a long blog yesterday, so it's underneath this and explains what we're up to here.....)
Mom: I thought the best birtday present I could give you was assurance that I am 1) using a mosquito net 2) using bug lotion 3) taking malaria pills and 4) wearing sunscreen! The other picture of me in that shirt outside a builidng is where we are living. I took the picture of the flowers for you specifically! I took a bunch of other flower pictures....I'll show the to you wehn you VISIT ME!!! The one with flora sitting on the ground is inside our room....and, of course, the one where I'm wearing a headset is me talking to YOU on your birthday! Oh, by the wya, Flora had me shave her head.
Much love to you, and happy birthday. It was marvelous to talk with you today - Happy Easter in advance!
Love,
~Alice








3 comments:

peach said...

Great way to send a birthday card to your mother!
Nice photos - even those of the unfortunate piggies. Happy traveling.

Leslie M said...

THanks, Alice!
Talking with you on my birthday was, of course, the highlight!
So glad about the sunscreen, netting, pills and all. How much for a mattress?
Glad it's getting better all the time.
Love, Mom

Leslie M said...

I hope that YOU'RE getting better all of the time!!!
Love,
Mom